Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having the same problem just that it's only starting if I jump start it but when I try to electric start it it just cranks and back fires any idea what it might be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Weak battery,high amp draw starving coil for power
thanks for the input bro.. question how do I check for high amp? I wish I can post a video so you guys can here it it back fires sounds like it it wants to start but nothing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have a shop load test your battery. If ok, then its most likely a high amp draw. If you take the quad in and they can do an amp draw on the starter as well. (all assembled)
thanks ima try and check the amp draw on the starter

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem for about a year sometimes it would start good sometimes it wouldn't start all boost it would start put a new starter clutch in it starts like brand new every time

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got this atv 1 month ago the guy said everything was fine with it no problems i used it just to make sure everything was going good. I bought it and brought it home next day turned it on with no problem but i noticed it struggled turning on for some reason it seems like battery is not powerful enought to turn over the starter. But later turn on after trying 5 times left it on for a while. 2 days later tried turning it on nothing hooked it up to a charger for a min tryed turn in it on and turned right up. Well i thought to myslef its problably the battery not holding charge went ahead and bought a new one. But problem wasnt solved. I thought it might be the starter bought a new one put it on battery didnt have enough power to turn it over again went ahead and put the old one in and connected it to the charged turned right up again. Has someone had the same problem help plz. Battery voltage drops to 12.23 volts and doesnt want to start it struggles hook it up to charger and fires right up. How many volts does it need to have to fire up. Help plz

06 ltr 450 upgrades
496cc big bore kit
Port and polishe head
Shift pin relocated
Curtis sparks exhaust
Power commander 5 with auto tuner

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got this atv 1 month ago the guy said everything was fine with it no problems i used it just to make sure everything was going good. I bought it and brought it home next day turned it on with no problem but i noticed it struggled turning on for some reason it seems like battery is not powerful enought to turn over the starter. But later turn on after trying 5 times left it on for a while. 2 days later tried turning it on nothing hooked it up to a charger for a min tryed turn in it on and turned right up. Well i thought to myslef its problably the battery not holding charge went ahead and bought a new one. But problem wasnt solved. I thought it might be the starter bought a new one put it on battery didnt have enough power to turn it over again went ahead and put the old one in and connected it to the charged turned right up again. Has someone had the same problem help plz. Battery voltage drops to 12.23 volts and doesnt want to start it struggles hook it up to charger and fires right up. How many volts does it need to have to fire up. Help plz

06 ltr 450 upgrades
496cc big bore kit
Port and polishe head
Shift pin relocated
Curtis sparks exhaust
Power commander 5 with auto tuner
Did you ever figure this out? I know this is really old but I have the exact issue and can’t figure it out

·
Super Moderator
1,274 Posts
Did you ever figure this out? I know this is really old but I have the exact issue and can’t figure it out
its not how many volts it is also about AMPS load test your battery.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts