Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 ltr 450, at idle it seems to run fine but if you ride it has no top end power and cuts out and looses all power. I have changed the battery, rectifier, spark plug cap, tore down the entire fuel system and cleaned and still have this problem. Was wondering if any one else has had this happen?

·
Premium Member
28,672 Posts
:searchplz:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Freddy, is their any other options for a fuel pump without spending the $400+ cost?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would put money on your fuel pressure regulator, it's bad and needs to be replaced. Mine did the same thing a few years ago, and I believe it's a fairly common issue with the LTR's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can buy a fuel system pressure gauge cheap. Hook it up and check your pressure properly. Check you tube and see how to build your own tester for the injector. You can also see on you tube how to check and clean your fuel pressure regulator. Spend a bit of money and you will always have the means to troubleshoot future problems as well. Check stator output as well as ignition coil resistance. If all else fails my sputtering problem was caused by a dirty connector. What I have learned in the last two months is that the LTR gives you the same symptoms with so many possible causes......mine started and idled ok but sputtered and popped beyond 1/4 throttle. Good luck!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
did u figure this out? Im having the same issue. cleaned the whole fuel system, FPR reads good, havent tested the pump but sounds like its priming pretty good, i have a feeling its my stator. I tried to start it with it unplug it did not fire up at all. charging reads 13.6 quad off read 12.3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts