Need Some Help. Wheel And Tire Selection - Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com
Wheels/Tires A perfect tire/wheel combination is a necessity, discuss tires and wheels here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View bwahl602's Photo Gallery(0)
quad isd 06 LTR... no major mods yet... the airbox lid and cherry bomb and a set of nerfs... like i said nothing major yet... suspension work is coming soon..and a stabilizer... BTW i weigh 160
back tires are worn out... fronts are getting there... back wheels are practically destroyed and dented very bad from rocks..

i live in pa... there are some rocks here on the MX tracks with lazy owners who dont give a hoot about quads...

i have no clue what to even look for when choosing wheels... no idea what the offsets and sizes should be...whats the lightest or anything... ive done some searching here and found the front offset 4in1out to sound like the best for handling... bike is being built strickly for MX track...theres no sand here and im only in the woods occasionally... im a c class rider though...not going to be doing any 110 ft jumps with alot of impact..id like to have a very nimble accurate steering... rear wheels im looking for something strong but light and possibly beadlock..??... the rocks have ruined my outer lips...
any suggestion on tires???

any ways...any help would be appreciated on wheel and tire choice for dirt... on somewhat of a budget...cant spend a ton...but want something that works ...oh and Black wheels prefferably

thanks alot

some pics:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

View shadey's Photo Gallery(0)
The stock wheels are extremal tough for the price I just sold mine with tires for $140

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkle View Post
We started hitting the teens but no white stuff yet.
2006 LTR 535-R, Go Big or Go Home.

Her name is Bruce

https://www.ltr450hq.com/forums/gener...ce-manual.html
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...%21147&o=OneUp

LTR450 manual ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The stock wheels are extremal tough for the price I just sold mine with tires for $140 [/b]
im looking to upgrade though...im gonna shy away from the rocks and be traveling to some better tracks... do i need a beadlock rear??? im hearing lots of good about the douglas wheels..

any opinions???

dc
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 01:30 PM

View roastem00's Photo Gallery(0)
imo theres some good deals on ebay right now some barely used douglas beadlocks at 125 with a day left and theres some hiper cf1s for 325 so i guess its basically what you wanna spend
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

i may go for the douglas beadlocks...there is a new set on ebay right now im looking at... ive done more research and found some wheel choices id like...
i work at a MX track as a medic and luckily know some people...i get a pretty good discount on stuff so i may head down that way tommorow...im new to the sport and didnt know what was strong/light etc and what wasnt...
backspacing on rear wheels in and out??? and whats a good tire for dirt mx... specifically for front too..

dc
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 04:59 PM

View hinkle's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via AIM to hinkle Send a message via MSN to hinkle
Send a message via AIM to hinkle Send a message via MSN to hinkle
RAZR 2 will be too heavy. IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadey View Post
Takes the BS in this thread and tries to use it as fertilizer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadey View Post
My safe place has a gun rack.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

any idea on weight for a kendra klaw MX???
thinking this package... 18x10.5x9 kenda klaw MX

just not sure if i need beadlocks...ITP Baja's??? Red Labels???

??? a buddy has the klaws... and by the way he was throwing dirt at me at the track last week id say they scoop some dirt,...he runs the tread backwards
dc
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 08:33 PM

View Intothwild's Photo Gallery(0)
Just bought some 9" Black ITP Baja's with ITP OMFG HD'S, Yeah that's what I said as I walked in the door and saw them mounted on my new rims"Oh my f...... god). I actually laughed after that and said dude, there is no way I can run those things, I mean shit I could put those rims and tires on a Honda Civic and make it look like a monster truck. I've read in the forums that they were heavy and all but damn, I wanted a long lasting tire and just figured I would be safe with those, wrong. I mean if you only ride gnarly trails the HD would be one badass piece of rubber and looks wicked too, but for general riding or mx tracks, uh no! I could just see hitting the first jump at the mx track with those on, be like jumping with an olympic size barbell fully stacked with 45's in the back for axle and wheels.
Anyways I told the guy I would buy them since I ordered them, but that I would have to sell them on craigs list, he said he'd put me in a set of mxr4's he had at the shop for $260.00 otd so I jumped all over it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Tech Discussion > Wheels/Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in