Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Remove and replace front tires at home?

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  eddiebrockjra 
#1 ·
I have some mxr6 front tires that been sitting for years. I would like to put them on my stock front rims which still have the stock front tires. Any of yous know how to replace front tires without any special tire remover tools????

If it can't be done I'm just going to sell them on here. I used to have them on bead locks but that was simple to remove at home.

#3 ·
Before I got a bead breaker, I would use a 2 foot long 2x4, lay tire/rim on its side, put 2x4 on top of tire up next to bead and drive vehicle onto 2x4. It pushes down on tire and breaks it off bead. Fairly simple to remove from rim one you break of rim

#5 ·
I recently bought a Harbor Freight manual tire changer. It worked quite well. Did a set of 4 ply front and rear tires for a buddy and a set of 6 ply for myself. The 6 ply rear tires were quite difficult, required a little help. But it was worth it. I spent about half of what it would have cost for all of the wheels to be mounted for the tire changer. I think Big O charged me $27 to remove and mount two tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.