6 Paddle Brats or 7 paddle Haulers for Dragging - Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com
Wheels/Tires A perfect tire/wheel combination is a necessity, discuss tires and wheels here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View 1998bansheelover's Photo Gallery(0)
6 Paddle Brats or 7 paddle Haulers for Dragging

Found a great deal on some brats! They are 21x12x8 6 paddles. They comp cut too. I was about to order a set of 21x12x8 7 paddle haulers from Fullerton Sand Sports. He thought these would be a good all around tire.....but...then I found these brats... My question is will these Brats come out of the hole like the 7 paddle haulers or no? I've researched a little and most people say they are the best drag racing tire, I want something that will come out of the hole and accelerate fast. Basically something that will help me win drag races. Is 6 paddle not enough paddle? Also these are going to be short and flat drags maybe 450ft max. Going to be riding out at Little Sahara Oklahoma. And is it safe to dune with these?
Mods are
Kms V1 porting
+1 intake valves
Hot cam
Dasa
Pc5
And soon a Kms intake.

What do you guys think I should get. Can get a set of brand new brats with wheels for the same price as the haulers without wheels. Just don't want to buy them and be dissappointed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 12:08 PM

View Domer's Photo Gallery(0)
I would go with the Brats.. I run 6 paddle hauler extremes and love them.. just didnt want to fork out the extra for the brats.. The Brats are alot lighter than haulers, and much better suited for racing.

2007 LTR450. Duncan Racing 475 BB, JE 13:1 Piston, Weisco Clutch kit w/upgraded springs, KMS Shift Pin kit, KMS Head Stud kit, Velocity Intake system w/Open K&N filter and aluminum intake tube, Vortex ECU, Duncan Racing Fatboy 4 National Exhaust, 21x12x8 6 paddle Skat Trak Extremes, 22x8x10 STU Fronts, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 14/38 Gearing w/520 X-Ring Atv Chain... Duncan Racing Case Saver, Blob delete w/DRZ 400 Kill Switch starter button, Eagle eyes HID Kit, Pro-Taper ATV bend bars, Twist Throttle, Inline Fuel Filter, Trimmed plastics and some weight savings..
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 02:13 PM

View The Dibble's Photo Gallery(0)
I have the 21x12x8 6 paddle brats on mine and they worked great at Little Sahara. My motor isn't built so I can't tell you if the 6 paddle will be enough for you.

06 LTR 450: Work in progress
07 LTR 450: LRD exhaust, Pro Design intake, PCIII
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 09:53 AM

I making 50hp at the wheels, I ride Glamis, and for Duning and Drag racing the 6 paddles are perfect. I have tried many of paddle combos on my quad, and this set i love. 8 paddle haulers come out of the hole hard, but pull the motor down in the top gears. When it comes to paddles, less is more.

2007 LTR450. Duncan Racing 475 BB, JE 13:1 Piston, Weisco Clutch kit w/upgraded springs, KMS Shift Pin kit, KMS Head Stud kit, Velocity Intake system w/Open K&N filter and aluminum intake tube, Vortex ECU, Duncan Racing Fatboy 4 National Exhaust, 21x12x8 6 paddle Skat Trak Extremes, 22x8x10 STU Fronts, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 14/38 Gearing w/520 X-Ring Atv Chain... Duncan Racing Case Saver, Blob delete w/DRZ 400 Kill Switch starter button, Eagle eyes HID Kit, Pro-Taper ATV bend bars, Twist Throttle, Inline Fuel Filter, Trimmed plastics and some weight savings..
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 10:26 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

View shadey's Photo Gallery(0)
I have the Brats and love them, also have a set of 6 paddle Extremes and I still choose the Brats. The down side it that they do not hold air very well they will drop some pressure in a few days and they are very thin, awesome on sand but be very careful on the flats.

I have 60hp, and run a 3.0 gear ratio.

how much and where are you getting the deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkle View Post
We started hitting the teens but no white stuff yet.
2006 LTR 535-R, Go Big or Go Home.

Her name is Bruce

https://www.ltr450hq.com/forums/gener...ce-manual.html
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...%21147&o=OneUp

LTR450 manual ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

View 1998bansheelover's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadey View Post
I have the Brats and love them, also have a set of 6 paddle Extremes and I still choose the Brats. The down side it that they do not hold air very well they will drop some pressure in a few days and they are very thin, awesome on sand but be very careful on the flats.

I have 60hp, and run a 3.0 gear ratio.

how much and where are you getting the deal?
I found a set on the banshee forum for 275 shipped. Brand new on Douglas wheels. They sold while I was discussing shipping with him. I think I'm going to go ahead and get brats anyways tho. I dynod at 56hp. I was just worried it wouldn't be enough tire. But it sounds like they'll hook great! What gearing do you run exactly shadey?
You guys have been a great help
Thanks!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

View shadey's Photo Gallery(0)
3.0 ratio, I have the 12/36 but most run a 13/39 or something close with that size tire..

https://www.ltr450hq.com/forums/engin...alculator.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkle View Post
We started hitting the teens but no white stuff yet.
2006 LTR 535-R, Go Big or Go Home.

Her name is Bruce

https://www.ltr450hq.com/forums/gener...ce-manual.html
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...%21147&o=OneUp

LTR450 manual ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 09:42 AM

I run a 14/38 combo and can still pull hard in 5th gear with the 6 paddle extremes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Tech Discussion > Wheels/Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in