tire size - Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com
Wheels/Tires A perfect tire/wheel combination is a necessity, discuss tires and wheels here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View ronaldero's Photo Gallery(0)
tire size

I do mostly trail riding and I would like to go up a tire size or two from stock in the rear, but keep the same rims, for now. What would be a good tire size for my riding needs? I just don't want the tires too big, what are my options?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View Coles979's Photo Gallery(0)
If you go with larger tires in the rear then you should also go up a size front that way your not higher in the rear which looks bad and rides bad. If you want to keep your stock wheels you need a 20/11/8 or 20/10/8 or any 20in tire for a 8 in. wheel and a 21/7/10 for the front. Most people who go to a bigger tire also switch to a 9in wheel which takes away some of that bouncy side wall and plus the stock wheels suck they bend really easy so depending on your budget I would look into new tires and wheels I have ran itp without much luck I dont think they are much stronger than stock so I made the switch to dwt and they have been great! I have 3 sets and they can take some serious abuse and the champion in a box set is an awsome deal for that quality of a wheel dwt also makes good tires I run the XCF V1 fronts and XCR V1 rears and they have also been really good tires.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View onesavage's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via Yahoo to onesavage
Send a message via Yahoo to onesavage
The stock rims aren't that weak, they are stronger than alot of aftermarket wheels because of the rolled lip.. But i do agree on upping the size of the fronts when doing the same to the rear. go with a 20x11x8 or 20x10x8 rear tire to fit your stockers like coles has mentioned and if you can't get the larger fronts now then that is ok just get them in the future when your budget allows.. I believe there are more options out there for 9" rims and even some newer tires that are only made for 9" rims and no option on the 8"..

these tires would be a good option for you, shop around to find the best deal though, oh also if you check the specs on these tires you can get a 6 ply in 9" and only a 4 ply for the 8" option..

M932 Razr Rear

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for anything but they
bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-19-2011, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View ronaldero's Photo Gallery(0)
Thanks for the help I appreciate it. The stock dunlop tires still have some tread left, almost half, but I have problems getting traction most of the time. I am new to these bikes and I know its putting out a good bit of power, but are these crappy tires or because they are smaller they spin more? A larger new tire would help this, right?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Tech Discussion > Wheels/Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in