What do you think of Maxxis Razr cross tires? - Page 2 - Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com
Wheels/Tires A perfect tire/wheel combination is a necessity, discuss tires and wheels here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View LTR-ERICK's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via Yahoo to LTR-ERICK
Send a message via Yahoo to LTR-ERICK
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NWI_#73 @ Jan 6 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Alright sweet i&#39;ll be getting the cross fronts. What about the rears, how are they? I actually am selling my HiPers and getting new ones so I need new rears also[/b]

I have never run the rear cross&#39;s but from what I have read and heard the regular razr rear/ razr cross front is the best tire combo there is.

2006 Yellow LTR450: Rekluse z-start pro clutch, HMF full system, Fuel ATV intake, DynoJet PCIII, Yosh cherry bomb, BCS shift pin relocator, Yosh spark plug holder, Yosh t-body nut, Outlaw 1.6 radiator cap, JD performance adj. upper a-arms, Fox DSC evols, Junkie fibered shock guards, Re-valved factory rear shock, GT Thunder MX linkage, CCP stablizer, Houser Racing +1 stem, Houser Racing dash panel, Pro Taper contour bars, Streamline dual brake lines, Yosh plug & go starter, Pro Armor Killswitch, Pro Armor Kill switch install kit, PowerMadd hand guards, Oury grips, GenX carbon fiber hood, BRM Offroad number backgrounds, Rath nerfs, Bling Star iron cross bumper, Bling Star grab bar, Um chassis skid plate, Fuel ATV e-brake block off, ITP T-9 pro-lock rear wheels, ITP T-9 baja front rims, Maxxis razr mx rear tires, Maxxis razr cross front tires.

07 LTR450: In pieces at the moment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 11:25 PM

View Quadjunkies's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via MSN to Quadjunkies
Send a message via MSN to Quadjunkies
For longivity, the Cross might not last as long as the Razr MX, but performance wise, we think they are as good if not better depending on the type of terrain. We done a Maxxis tire review for Maxxis in 2007 in Atvsport as we tested on my kids minis and also ran them on our 450 and got soem extensive time on several types of terrain to get a good fell for the tires and the results we got out of the tires was its incredible on hard pack,they come out of the corners alot harder ,they remind me abit of a old turf tamer in a way. The Razr Mx cuts loosee abit easier than the cross,in loamy track I would prefer the Razr MX.IT all depends on the terrain but you will most liekly be happy with either tire,we try to keep a few dif. varieties on hand because of that.
We are eager to try the IMX&#39;s but the weather has been so crappy we havent had an opportunity to run them yet.
Hope that helps.
Tina

Thank you 2009 Sponsors!!
Z-broz racing
RK Racing Chains
Douglas Wheel
Fasstco Co.
Maxima oils
RPM Axles
Scott USA
Rath Racing
ODI
O'neal
Les Schwab
Anytime Fittness
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

View NWI_#73's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via AIM to NWI_#73
Send a message via AIM to NWI_#73
I&#39;m not too too concerned about longevity but thank you for the post! I&#39;m pretty convinced i&#39;ll be getting the razr cross&#39;s all around for this year

07' LTR450 - White
51.7whp/34.7tq
11/23/07

2011 Sponsors: Moto-Xperts, Rath Racing, Fly, Quadtech, DWT, Gaerne Boot Co., Sunstar Sprockets, Smith Optics, Ssi Decals & Fox Shox

CRBM - Rath Bumper - 1st ever White junkie fibered gascap - QT beak - Cernics starter button - Gunnar Killswitch - Yosh throttlebody plug - Precision Stabilizer - MXP tuned rear shock - PC III - FUELATV intake - 13t CS Sprocket - Walsh e-brake blockoff - Junkie relocated dummy lights - Moose case saver - Quadtech MX low seat - ATP 12.5:1 piston - Hotcam intake cam - MXP P/P head - DWT rokout & G2 rims - Goldspeed SX fronts - Goldspeed MXR rears - RPM Dominator II Axle - Moto-Xperts Graphics - Houser +0 Stem - SSi Numberplates - Fox Evols Gen 2 - Houser Slicast A-arms - MXP exhaust - Fly Racing CR Hi bars - Rath Signature Series Nerf Bars

Follow my new Tech review blog MyiTechGadgets
Follow me on twitter @MyiTechGadgets
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View ltrkyle489's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via MSN to ltrkyle489
Send a message via MSN to ltrkyle489
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NWI_#73 @ Jan 8 2009, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
I&#39;m not too too concerned about longevity but thank you for the post! I&#39;m pretty convinced i&#39;ll be getting the razr cross&#39;s all around for this year[/b]
I&#39;ve talked to a few people before that said the fronts were sick but the rears sucked. Their preferred combination was the Cross Fronts and Yellow label rears from Maxxis.

06 Yellow LT-R.

Thanks to my 2010 Sponsor's- Dan Schonert State Farm Insurance, Team Media All Stars, Heath MX Racing, Bill Micke, ATP Racing Engines, SPY Optics, Douglas Wheel Technology, MotoXNutrition, 661, Renthal, Pivot Works, Motor Tabs, MX vs. ATV Reflex, Twin Air. Thanks you guys!

http://www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/kyles489/Home.aspx

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

07' LTR450 - White
51.7whp/34.7tq
11/23/07

2011 Sponsors: Moto-Xperts, Rath Racing, Fly, Quadtech, DWT, Gaerne Boot Co., Sunstar Sprockets, Smith Optics, Ssi Decals & Fox Shox

CRBM - Rath Bumper - 1st ever White junkie fibered gascap - QT beak - Cernics starter button - Gunnar Killswitch - Yosh throttlebody plug - Precision Stabilizer - MXP tuned rear shock - PC III - FUELATV intake - 13t CS Sprocket - Walsh e-brake blockoff - Junkie relocated dummy lights - Moose case saver - Quadtech MX low seat - ATP 12.5:1 piston - Hotcam intake cam - MXP P/P head - DWT rokout & G2 rims - Goldspeed SX fronts - Goldspeed MXR rears - RPM Dominator II Axle - Moto-Xperts Graphics - Houser +0 Stem - SSi Numberplates - Fox Evols Gen 2 - Houser Slicast A-arms - MXP exhaust - Fly Racing CR Hi bars - Rath Signature Series Nerf Bars

post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 06:24 PM

View bikerboyzcyclez's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via Yahoo to bikerboyzcyclez
Send a message via Yahoo to bikerboyzcyclez
the rears look terrible, i would never run them for mx! just dont seem to good by pics. but hell i dunno. i wont change from the razors.

A Special Thank you to our 2009 Sponsors:

Rath Racing 2009
Hiper Technology 2009
Cycle Gear 2009
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 11:19 PM

View Quadjunkies's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via MSN to Quadjunkies
Send a message via MSN to Quadjunkies
To each there own,everyone will have there own preference likes and dislikes ,no one person will like all the same tire, thats why we have choices. lol
I remember when just about everyone I knew ran holeshots- I HATED holeshots on my quad, I liked nothing about them and found the Kenda klaws a much more suitable tire,but thats just me. :P
We found them to work very well. All our Maxxis tires work very well for dif. applications. The only way to find out if you like them is to just by a set and try them!

Thank you 2009 Sponsors!!
Z-broz racing
RK Racing Chains
Douglas Wheel
Fasstco Co.
Maxima oils
RPM Axles
Scott USA
Rath Racing
ODI
O'neal
Les Schwab
Anytime Fittness
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

Any other opinions on the rears? I&#39;m pretty sure that i&#39;ve decided I&#39;ll try all 4 and see how I like them.

07' LTR450 - White
51.7whp/34.7tq
11/23/07

post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 07:35 AM

View gimp419's Photo Gallery(0)
Rears are ok for loamy conditions but aren&#39;t that great on the hard pack stuff. The yellow or orange label razrs are 10x better in the hard pack. Don&#39;t know if I&#39;d get the rears or not but it&#39;s up to you. I tried a set cause they were free lol. I wouldn&#39;t buy another set of cross rears, but I would buy a set of yellow or orange labels in a heart beat! That help your decision?

Chase Cunningham #419
Team Media Allstars Amateur Support Coordinator
Owner: Morehead Motorsports

2011 ATVA 25+ National Champion
2008 ATVA 25+ National Champion
2011 ATVA Open A #4
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gimp419 @ Jan 9 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Quote:
Rears are ok for loamy conditions but aren&#39;t that great on the hard pack stuff. The yellow or orange label razrs are 10x better in the hard pack. Don&#39;t know if I&#39;d get the rears or not but it&#39;s up to you. I tried a set cause they were free lol. I wouldn&#39;t buy another set of cross rears, but I would buy a set of yellow or orange labels in a heart beat! That help your decision?[/b]
Yeah Chase thanks for the input. My tracks are definetely NOT loamy. The yellow labels are the harder ones .. right?

Well s**t, now I know I want the cross fronts and now the rears are a toss up. What is THE BEST rear tire for moderate hardpack? Should I stick with MXR6&#39;s or give the yellow labels a try?

07' LTR450 - White
51.7whp/34.7tq
11/23/07

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Tech Discussion > Wheels/Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in