Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Offical Suzuki Recall

26K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  eldog 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Thanks for the information, thread stickied.

#5 ·
it doesn't look like i'm affected even though i have one of the first ones delivered in oklahoma. my vin#is 662103215
[/b]

not necessarily it says that the affected vins are *62100089 to *62111626, yours falls between those numbers

count the digits you typed out the first 6 could be the check number they refer to in the pdf

#6 ·
it doesn't look like i'm affected even though i have one of the first ones delivered in oklahoma. my vin#is 662103215
[/b]
My vin also falls in this batch. I cannot open this file, does any body know what this is about?
Please send me a P.M.

#9 ·
well its number *62100089 to *62111626 and his number is 662103215
so actually i think hes not in the one that have a recall, ill check mine tonigh
[/b]
if you count the number of digits he posted 9 and the recall shows the last 8 so the * is in place of the first 6 :p call the dealership to know for sure though. the * takes place of the check number whatever that is?

#10 ·
Does anyone have any problems with having play in there front shocks? I can grab the piggyback and wiggle the shock back and forth on both left and right front shocks. It isn't much but it does concern me.

#14 ·
my vin # has a 3 before the 621 begins and fall in the recall. Does the * mean any number?

I also could not turn the preload ring on the rear shock it turns out that its stripped . hope the dealer will replace it also.

#15 ·
Theeagle got his recall notice yesterday down here in NZ so thats all good - has to be done by a qualified welder too !

#16 ·
Theeagle got his recall notice yesterday down here in NZ so thats all good - has to be done by a qualified welder too !
[/b]
PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND: THE AFFECTED FRAMES ARE BETWEEN 62100089 AND 62111626 RIGHT? MY FRAME NUMBER IS 62112467 WHICH IS NOT IN BETWEEN THOSE NUMBERS. DOES THIS MEAN THAT MY FRAME IS NOT ON RECALL?

#17 ·
Check the weld...thats the only way to know for sure... :angry:

#18 ·
Yes - I agree with Sandjunkie - if it isnt welded right round then it needs to be done !

#19 ·
I just picked mine up today and was wondering if anyone new how I could check out the SCAT service menu they mention in the recall letter. the punch mark they said that was near the vin, are they talking about on the frame?

#20 ·
I just picked mine up today and was wondering if anyone new how I could check out the SCAT service menu they mention in the recall letter. the punch mark they said that was near the vin, are they talking about on the frame?
[/b]

How long was it gone for ?
I dropped mine off Wed!
Was it a weld job? :blink:

#21 ·
I dropped it off Wed and called Suzuki Cust Care . Asked them if weld breaks 1 2 or 3 years down the road then what , they said they would "TRY TO WORK OUT SOMETHING WITH THE DEALER" TRY Ha. I called the dealer and told the VP the owners son and he told me he was going to speak to the service manager about getting me a frame........... Also if anybody has a frozen rear spring pre-load lock ring , mine came stripped
could not get it to move ended up taking the rear spring out and still could not turn it to soften up the preload and then small shavings started coming out. They were going to try a warranty call on the rear spring. <_< believe me i have done it enough on my banshee! I even bought that funny looking wrench to work on the two rings right from the dealer same day I bought the LT-R . This Sucks! No Product support. Thinking of not even picking it up until I get a new LTR or waiting for Yamahas version !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One guy that works there told me sometimes they would offer buyback on certain recall models. Hope someone replies to my post I am freaking out. $ 8k w/ extended warranty and feels like I bought a used 71 VW bug!

#22 ·
How long was it gone for ?
I dropped mine off Wed!
Was it a weld job? :blink:
[/b]
Sorry, what i meant was, I picked it up BRAND NEW. But the shittastic thing is that they sold a recalled item, which they are not allowed to do! And i have talked with the services guys there and they DO HAVE the recall invoice so they knew of the recall. I know its already free, but im going to try to get some free stuff or something. prolly just get more gay coupons :angry:

#23 ·
Gay coupons?...is THAT where they come from???? :p

#24 ·
the dealership i take my quad to has a yellow ltr since the day they sold me mine. when i stopped in to schedule the recall weld i looked at that ltr and it was welded up then i checked the vin for the punch mark before the vin(on the frame LH side). just something for others to look for before you buy. These probs are pretty minor in my eyes especially in a first year machine. I love this LTR and would recommend buyin one to anyone who loves to ride and can handle it of course. just my 2 cents.

#25 ·
Yea Iam in love with mine to ! IT was in dirtwheel it first happened to the z400 first year out seems the robot welder did not weld all the way around.

#26 ·
Thanks to ratherBridin for this information:

http://www.ltr450hq.com/taylor/Recall.pdf
[/b]

has anyone else received their recall letter in the mail and called their dealer and still have not received a call from them to bring in your bike to the shop? Because I think its been about three weeks that I called my dealer here in AZ and they still haven't called me in to bring my bike in!!!!!!!!!!!!
<_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.