Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

1987 Suzuki Lt 500R motor with a 540 cc kit running on J8 fuel - 112 octane.

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BellevillewestsideSuzuki 
#1 ·
This is my Dr. Q custom built Hybrid Quadzilla that I purchased from the person that had it built. This is a picture 3 days after purchase with nothing changed on the bike. The bike is a lot different now as in different rims and Hoosier tires and I went into the motor and changed a few things. This motor ran at a consistent 180 degrees Fahrenheit and I've reduced it by 35%. As you see in the picture it has holeshot tires on the back and Maxxis Razrs on the front. After I got done with the motor and cooling system I took it down a asphalt road and I was running appropriately 35 mph in 3rd gear, that's no throttle and I punched it 1/4 throttle and the bike immediately tried to turn around on me. I run a 6+ Lonestar extended swingarm. I ran this bike 1 time with the holeshot tires and no wheelie bar on a 1/8 mile Dragstrip and I had to triple clutch it off the line in 2nd gear at 1/4 throttle because of prepped track ( Glue sprayed . ) This hurt my E.T. and mph but through the traps I was in 4th gear. Elapsed time 6.03 at 121.136 mph. With new rims and proper tires and what I've changed in the motor and I dropped 2 teeth on rear sprocket I'm expecting low to mid 5's. I'll post a video of it on here so everyone can see what it runs.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
WoW my badass lowered to the ground KX500 on 5% nitro only trapped 115mph at 11.01 ET in the 1/4 mile,,

you must be running a very tall gear ratio and starting in 2nd hear,, reminds me of something Ronnie Mac would do.

#3 ·
Shadey,
I haven't been on this site since I actually post this. You're correct about the gearing and taking off in 2nd gear. There's no way in Hell I can possibly take off in 1st gear. The first time I ran this machine I launched without a wheelie bar and it was special. I slipped the clutch, I actually triple clutched it off the line in 2nd gear and and I had it at 1/4 throttle until I rolled out and hit 3rd and she lifted. I'm fabricating a wheelie bar as we speak. If you don't mind telling me, what size rear tires are you running,brand and width and also the front tires. Your damn machine is running some impressive numbers in 1/4 my friend. You gear that bike for 1/8th mile and you would run my numbers. As of today 6/5/20 I'm getting ready to go out in the shop and torque the top end and it will be ready to rip! I went completely through the motor and I ran across a few things that I didn't understand. I guarantee it will turn a lower E.T. than last year when I purchased it. I would appreciate you letting me know on your wheels and tire brand and size as I'm a flat Track racer, not a drag racer and I'll be the first 1to admit it but I can build motors and set a bike up. Any advice you can give me I really appreciate it. Have a great weekend my friend!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.