Williams performance head - Page 3 - Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com
Pictures and Videos Members show off your pictures and videos here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 10:32 AM
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View Rander54's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftx450 View Post
Honda! Now you're talking ha.

I'm really thinking about buying a spare motor and letting him do his thing to it.

I've been chasing Honda type torquey power ever since I've owned this Ltr. I am pretty darn close now, but for what it is, I just think it should rip.

I can't get that damn crf powered hybrid power out of my head and that's what I want. I just love my Ltr and have too much invested to let her go.

There's always the option to put a crf into this bike but I lack the metal fab and welding equipment to do so.
In my opinion the hybrids are a waste of money. I have smoked many of them with my current setup. My only regret is not doing it sooner. I had the same issues and I was losing races due to the Hondas out powering me, that's when I said enough is enough. You are much better off talking to Chris and you will have a better running engine, while still maintaining a lot of reliability. Chris def. has this motor figured out. My buddy with a Honda mentioned he noticed on the same sections of track that he is completely revved out and my motor just sounds like its cruising.

'06 MX LTR Yoshimura/PEP/LSR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View Rander54's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayton06ltr450 View Post
I will for sure. I still gotta get cams, a pcv and new timing chain and she will be ready to rock n roll. Im still on the fence about having my throttle body bored. Do you guys have any feedback on that?
The bored throttle body was not recommended to me and it runs fine without it. Of course I'm sure you can always get just a little bit more. If you have not gotten a PCV yet, I would suggest you consider getting a carb put on it. The fuel injection is great, awesome throttle response with the right tune, however I don't feel that all those electronics have any business being on a race quad. I figure the less stuff you have to go wrong the better. You are probably looking at spending about the same amount when said and done.

'06 MX LTR Yoshimura/PEP/LSR
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View dpayton06ltr450's Photo Gallery(0)
Im gonna stick with the injection. Im gonna get a pcv with auto tune. Ive had zero problems from either of my ltr's fuel injection and really want to keep it. He told me at first to bore the throttle body and wasnt sure if i really needed to. I will probably have it done when i have him build me a stroker crank next summer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Headquarters > Pictures and Videos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in