Ltr 450 wont stay running - Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com
Ltr450hq.com Site Help and Support Notice an issue with your account or the site? Post here for help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2020, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View Ryanbarnett's Photo Gallery(0)
Ltr 450 wont stay running

I have a 2007 ltr 450 that has sat for 4 years and would not start I had alot going on in life and never attended to it. I finally got around to wanting to fix it and started with the valves. I adjusted valves to appropriate clearance and added new fuel and it fired right up right away. It will idle and rev up pretty well for about 60 seconds and dies it will start right back up but wont continue to idle unless it sits for a few then it will idle for about 60 seconds again. Where should I start. Swirl Fuel filter was deleted long ago with a clear inline filter and there is gas going through it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 07:34 AM

View dub1388's Photo Gallery(0)
I had same issue. Mine sat for nearly 5 years but with gas in it, which was a mistake. I replaced the fuel pump, cleaned out the fuel tank, (the area with the original fuel filter), I installed an inline too. That gunk in the fuel system was fn nasty!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200410_134017_1589725969706.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	30027   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200511_134602_1589726027677.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	4.26 MB
ID:	30029  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2020, 06:29 AM

View Tbarker33903's Photo Gallery(0)
Try starting it with the vacuum line off the sensor it runs to under the back left fender or make sure it dont have anything in the vacuum hose, not to sure, my bike don't like to start right now and can't figure it out lol, also with a flat head you should be able to reach your idle air flow screw that is on the left side of throttle body, unscrew about a 1/4 of a turn and see if that helps

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Headquarters > Ltr450hq.com Site Help and Support

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in