Is cherrybomb installed? - Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com
Engine/EFI/Drivetrain Discuss engine, fuel injection, air intake, and drivetrain modifications here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2017, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View Fraadz's Photo Gallery(0)
Is cherrybomb installed?

Hey guys

Im trying to install a cherrybomb on my LTR 2008 but i cant seem to find where to plug it in.
The black rubber cover is just hanging, not covering anything and i cant find the plug where the cherrybomb goes.

The airbox lid is on and baffle is out but ive got no idea if the cherrybomb is already installed and striped somewhere where i cant see..

I feel so retarded coz i cant find any videos or topics about plugging in the cherrybomb except one thread on the forums where the pics are broken links...

I dont know if the previous owners have plugged it in already.. but then the airbox lid would be off.. so im lost

What colors are the cables that will connect to the cherrybomb and how many cables? The cherrybomb ive got has only 2 connectors inside the plug

And the only plug i can find on the quad that have 2 connectors are on the left side and everyone says its on the right side?

Last edited by Fraadz; 11-18-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View CQR's Photo Gallery(1)
The black rubber cover is attached to the wires that lead to the connector.

Four (4) '06 LTR450's, '16 Beta 300RR, '09 CRF150RB, '11 Grizzly 550, 16 Beta X trainer, Laeger Trx500

canyontackfeed.com
www.morrisoncarworks.com
www.sodalakestable.com
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CQR View Post
The black rubber cover is attached to the wires that lead to the connector.
Thanks for the reply! Ive looked more close and it seems it is connected to some plug with flamestickers on it. Ive googled it and its an fireplug which is the same stuff as mapkey / cherrybomb.

Now my question is why is the airbox lid on if it has cherrybomb and what are the effects loss from having the lid on?
Something i would notice?
Would it make the engine Hard to start? Coz it is sometimes and sometimes it just wont start at all. Have to do a rolling start and then it runs good. Fires right up.

When i first bought it i had to change the sparkplug. It was very black. Which to me sounds like its running rich.

Im Kinda scared to remove the lid coz dont want it running lean.

Ill take it for a short spin in the snow later and try if there is any diffrerence between having lid on or off.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 06:19 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

View shadey's Photo Gallery(0)
Take that lid off, the cherry bomb fattens it up so you can run with out the peashooter and lid. you won't be lean unless you put an intake and pipe on her, then it is still do able. I have ran that set up and only installed a programmer when I installed Yoshi cams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkle View Post
We started hitting the teens but no white stuff yet.
2006 LTR 535-R, Go Big or Go Home.

Her name is Bruce

https://www.ltr450hq.com/forums/gener...ce-manual.html
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...%21147&o=OneUp

LTR450 manual ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadey View Post
Take that lid off, the cherry bomb fattens it up so you can run with out the peashooter and lid. you won't be lean unless you put an intake and pipe on her, then it is still do able. I have ran that set up and only installed a programmer when I installed Yoshi cams.
Thanks for the reply!
The peashooter is out already. My guess is that they put the lid on coz they were selling it. But it still makes me nervous.

Ill take the lid off and put in a new airfilter(original) .

Hope for the best ?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 04:38 AM
Super Moderator
Premium Member
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View CQR's Photo Gallery(1)
If the CRBM is installed and in working order, you will be fine. It actually makes the AFR on the rich side.

Four (4) '06 LTR450's, '16 Beta 300RR, '09 CRF150RB, '11 Grizzly 550, 16 Beta X trainer, Laeger Trx500

canyontackfeed.com
www.morrisoncarworks.com
www.sodalakestable.com

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Tech Discussion > Engine/EFI/Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in