fuel controller question - Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com
Engine/EFI/Drivetrain Discuss engine, fuel injection, air intake, and drivetrain modifications here

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

View 2005450r's Photo Gallery(0)
fuel controller question

hey guys ive been doing alot of researching to learn everything about the ltr as i did the trx 450. but ive come across one thing in particular that really stumps me.

okay i have a power commander III, which as far as i understand is just for the fuel controller, but then i also have a cherry bomb, which i understand changes the stock fuel map and the timing curve. correct?

but now there a 3 maps floating around in my wire harness, stock, cherry bomb, and custom pcIII map. how in the world does my quad know how much fuel to give itself? and what would happen if i unplug the cherry bomb? im assuming it would run lean or anything.

on the PCV, which i will get one day, not soon, i though you couldnt run the cherry bomb. whats the difference? the PCV and PCIII are both only fuel controllers as far as i understand.

2008 LTR 450
Williams Perfromance built motor
Houser/fox float evol x front end, fox podium x rear, full bore body, champion in a box, ITP MXR6 tires, streamline billet stabilizer, yoshi rs5 pipe, cherry bomb, engine plugs, tb nut, start button, PC5 with autotune, hinson clutch, DASA intake, pro elite bumper, houser pro bounce mx nerfs houser grab bar, pro taper bars, spider grips, primary drive chain and sprockets, asv levers, chrome lsr stem tusk gas cap, pro armor kill switch

in all sports they give you balls, motocross you gotta bring your own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 06:31 PM

View Drag ltr 101's Photo Gallery(0)
on the PCV, which i will get one day, not soon, i though you couldnt run the cherry bomb. whats the difference? the PCV and PCIII are both only fuel controllers as far as i understand.[/QUOTE]

I know this from my quad you can not run a pc5 and a cherrybomb that they will cancel each other out. SO when you get your pc5 you will have to unhook the cherrybomb. Did you buy the autotune system to?

2008 ltr 450 se
Yosh head, valves, rs 5 complete stainless system,Hinson clutch,Houser slicast lt max clearance a arms,Pro design intake,Hot cam stage 2, 14.5 comp piston, Pro taper contour handle bars,Power MADD hand guards,Spider grips,Fullbore plastics,Tusk polished nerf bars, Light weight grab bar,Hiper bead locks all around,Adjustable linkage,Tusk gas cap,PC5 with auto tune, bored throttle body.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

thought so^^ but what makes the pc3 different? anyone else?

2008 LTR 450
Houser/fox float evol x front end, fox podium x rear, full bore body, champion in a box, ITP MXR6 tires, streamline billet stabilizer, yoshi rs5 pipe, cherry bomb, engine plugs, tb nut, start button, PC5 with autotune, hinson clutch, DASA intake, pro elite bumper, houser pro bounce mx nerfs houser grab bar, pro taper bars, spider grips, primary drive chain and sprockets, asv levers, chrome lsr stem tusk gas cap, pro armor kill switch

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 06:26 PM

View rmatthews's Photo Gallery(3)
drag ltr no offense but this is not correct,the pcv comes with a rev extend plug which is the same thing as the cherry bomb,you need it pluged in for the programer to work properly,and 2005450r the difference between the two is the pcv will accept the auto tune feature which in my opinion is one of the best investments you can make for this bike.

07 ltr450 atp ported head,atp intake cam,atp 14-1 piston, xceldyne +1 exhaust valves,full hinson clutch,pcv with autotune,fuel atv intake,full dasa exhaust,roberts racing a-arms & -2 swingarm,elka shocks,rath sway bar and no money in the bank,need sponsers Travis Matthews #4 AMA FLAT TRACK

Last edited by rmatthews; 01-13-2012 at 06:30 PM.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

thanks^^ so theres really no difference in the except the 5 is smaller and has auto tune, which i really want.

but if the 5 has the rev extended feature why does it need the cherry bomb

2008 LTR 450

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 06:37 PM

[QUOTE=rmatthews;524841]drag ltr no offense but this is not correct,the pcv comes with a rev extend plug which is the same thing as the cherry bomb,you need it pluged in for the programer to work properly,and 2005450r the difference between the two is the pcv will accept the auto tune feature which in my opinion is one of the best investments you can make for this bike.[/

my quad doesn't have that rev extend plug I never heard of it they make a plug in module that you can use to set your rev limiter maybe that's what your thinking of and i have auto tune so maybe it's different? I know this for sure the pc5 and cherry bomb will not work together.
cmelurkin likes this.

2008 ltr 450 se
Yosh head, valves, rs 5 complete stainless system,Hinson clutch,Houser slicast lt max clearance a arms,Pro design intake,Hot cam stage 2, 14.5 comp piston, Pro taper contour handle bars,Power MADD hand guards,Spider grips,Fullbore plastics,Tusk polished nerf bars, Light weight grab bar,Hiper bead locks all around,Adjustable linkage,Tusk gas cap,PC5 with auto tune, bored throttle body.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

View HondaGuy's Photo Gallery(0)
Both the PCIII and PCV come with that "rev extender plug" thingy, they do the same thing as the Cherry Bomb. They unlock the "race map", which as I understand it richens the bike up a bit and ups the rev limit to 11,200. Since they do the same thing, the Cherry Bomb was left on my bike when the PCIII was installed. Not sure if I still have the Dynojet version of the Cherry Bomb or not.

05 Raptor 660 White Bros E-Series, K&N, 12/41 sprockets, 21x7 and 20x11 Artrax MXTs, XFR Pro-Peg nerfs, 10,000K HIDs
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 05:06 AM Thread Starter

so then whats the purpose of keeping the cherry bomb then? in my eyes thats unneeded wires and weight if theres something better in its place already

2008 LTR 450

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 07:03 AM

Alright so this plug is just made to extend the rev limiter and richen it? Because that doesnt make sense honesty to me because you'd be like defeating the purpose of the pcv or pc3? We need someone who knows exactly how this setup works.

2008 ltr 450 se
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

View 20redfrogs's Photo Gallery(0)
It is my understanding that the PC III and V can override and adjust the fuel maps with or without the Cherry Bomb, but in order to increase the rev limit, you need to have either the Dynojet rev extension plug, or the Cherry Bomb itself.

06 LTR 450 Mine
04 LTZ400 Son's
04 Ozark 250 Daughter's
09 LTZ400 SPARE
10 Z50 Youngest Daughter's

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Tech Discussion > Engine/EFI/Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in