Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com - View Single Post - tractor supply "Traveller" LED install
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
hard2want719

View hard2want719's Photo Gallery(0)
tractor supply "Traveller" LED install

my LTR came to me without a headlight. I plan to trail ride it and maybe attempt a local xc race or 2 so I wanted working lights and liked the look of 2 separate beams better than the single. decided to try the traveler LED pods that tractor supply sells, my father has had a set mounted as back-up plow lights on his truck for about a year, and they held up to the cold of upstate NY well. here is how I did it for inquiring minds...

Pic 1 & 2:
I bought 2 of the "traveler LED pods ($25 each) and the traveler "wiring splitter" ($15), a pack of quick splice connectors and some heat shrink.

Pic 3 & 4:
trying to keep things simple, I wanted to use my stock light switch and avoid running more wire on the machine. I cut the stock headlight plug wires, the black and white being the ground, the yellow being the HIGH beam, and the white wire being LOW beam. Spliced the high and low wires together and connected to the red wire on the pigtail plug that came with the light, spliced the ground wire to the black pig tail wire.

Pic 5: plugged the pigtail into the single end of the "wiring splitter"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	27434   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	27442   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG