Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Which would you choose

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  shadey 
#1 ·
Ok so I have narrowed my search down to 2 ltr's. I was going to get a yfz450r but for some reason I have been wanting an ltr for a min. Looking at both of these quads which one would you pick. For either quad I will have to get desert tires. I know quad 1 does not have 20k into it. Also quad 1 I have the receipt from the shop when they had the transmission rebuilt .because they loss 1st gear. The 2nd quad he originally said you have to hit the start button as soon as you hear the fuel pump to start it. But he just told me with a 224cca battery you can wait until after it primes and it will start right up.
Quad 1 https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/snw/6103216294.html.
Quad 2 https://modesto.craigslist.org/snw/6084299424.html.
They are both the same price because I dont need the beadlock for quad 2 since I need desert tires.
Thanks for your help

#5 ·
Thanks I am leaning towards the second one as well. However I do have a quick question the piston on it is 11.7 and he was saying you have to run high 100 or higher. I'm a little confused by that seeing as though I think the 06 plus Hondas come with 12.1 and is good with pump gas 91. Is it because of the big bore or should I be fine running pump gas. I'm in Arizona so I'll pump gas is 91. I do have easy access to avgas where I could do a mixture

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I would get a yellow one, they are always faster and stronger.

You may have to run the 100 octane because of the tune, if it is tuned for race fuel and you run pump it may be lean.

#7 ·
Hi JT I saw a post before where you mention you are running avgas. Are you running it straight or are you running it with fuel or putting in some type of conditioner? Do you still have the swirl filter or did you do the delete? Wondering if the lad will have any negative impact over the long run. I know Avgas have a blue film that it leave so just wondering if it will clog anything or affect the O2 sensor

#9 ·
OK so I asked the guy with quad 2 for more closeup pics. The plastics can use some tlc or I guess some graphics to cover. I asked him why the a arm look the way it does and he said because he took off the laegers stickers and the residue from the film started collecting dirt and everything else while riding. I originally thought it was burned somehow. It doesn't seem as though he was the type to clean it much.

#12 ·
Yeah he has had a lot of responses wanting parts. I told him if he can give me documentation of the build and the port I'll buy it. For the most part everything else is Cosmetics I can either clean the Plastics up or get more and I should be able to scrub that stuff off the a-arms

#14 ·
Diamond Bar?

#16 ·
Just wait until it hits 110* the price will start to drop then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.