Suzuki LT-R450 Forum Header Left   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum Header Right
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Tech Discussion > Engine/EFI/Drivetrain

Engine/EFI/Drivetrain Discuss engine, fuel injection, air intake, and drivetrain modifications here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2006, 03:28 AM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View Peerless's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via AIM to Peerless
I did a search, but couldn't really find an answer. Can I put in synthetic right from brand new, or do I have to run conventional during break-in. Alot of the new cars have synthetic right from the factory, and they're not broken in yet.
Thanks

2007 LTR--White
Quad Tech Seat, Beak, Spider Grips
Walsh Stem, Fasst Bars, Precision Stabilizer
Twin Air Filter, Powermadds
Fox Shocks, front and rear
Lonestar Rear Hubs
Razr 2's, I-Razr's, Hipers for XC
Holeshot's, Douglas Wheels for MX
IMS Roll Pegs, Nerfs, Heels
Tag Sprockets, DID Chain, Billet Case Saver
DMC Quiet Afterburner, MoFlo Airbox Lid, Cherry Bomb
AC Skids, Bumper
Holz Plate Bracket
One Flame Graphics
Suzuki Carbon Frame Protection
E-Brake/Blob removed
Sponsored Links
LTR450HQ.com is the premier Suzuki Sport Quad Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-24-2006, 05:06 AM
Premium Member

View Clone's Photo Gallery(0)
It definately won't break in as quickly and won't even break in as good. The longer it takes to break in, the more wear/damage you are doing.......JMO

It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

When in doubt, GAS IT..... either you will fix the problem or end the suspense.

'89 310R, Pro-X cylinder, "fiveO" ported, race gas dome(198 psi), LRD pipe, 38mm airstryker, ESR intake, VF3 reeds, +1 housers/TCS triple rate zps

'06 LTR- PIM, RS-5, trinity air filter kit, no airbox, some polish work.... <---- sold

'04 GSX-R750- Yellow/Black, Yoshi TRS slip on, flush mount turn sig, fender elim, frame sliders, TRE kit

-Adam
</span>

Old 11-24-2006, 07:09 AM

View kidsdad0101's Photo Gallery(0)
Natural oil is always going to be your best bet. Most synthetics are not designed for the wet clutch in our machines. It causes early degradation of the clutch plates. There are synthetics designed for the wet clutch but as I have learned from experience with my big-bore kit, synthetics will KILL your clutch in a weekend. At least it did on the LTZ. Alba and FBC in San Diego recommended, never use synthetics. Advice I follow with my LTR.

Mod list is too extensive = $13,446.00

BIKE AND TRAILER FOR SALE http://www.ltr450hq.com/invision/forums/in...=12833&st=0
Old 11-24-2006, 07:59 AM

View Jason's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:
Natural oil is always going to be your best bet. Most synthetics are not designed for the wet clutch in our machines. It causes early degradation of the clutch plates. There are synthetics designed for the wet clutch but as I have learned from experience with my big-bore kit, synthetics will KILL your clutch in a weekend. At least it did on the LTZ. Alba and FBC in San Diego recommended, never use synthetics. Advice I follow with my LTR.
[/b]
I agree. Considering the cost savings of conventional over synthetic, you could change your oil far more frequently by just using a quality conventional oil.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:57 AM

View YFZ450 Blaster Racer's Photo Gallery(0)
Don't know if this is Synthetic, but i run Valvoline 10w40 4-stroke oil and it works great.

2006 black LTR450 w/ Yosh Race motor and Candy Blue frame
Yoshimura RS-5 exhaust, ITP MXR6's on ITP pro beadlocks, Renthal Xring chain, Tag T2 Rc high bars, Tag +1 steering stem, Pro-Design Pro-flow airfilter kit, Hinson shift pin relocator, UM alum. oil tank, Pro Aluminum nerfs w/ heelguards, Rath grab bar, Walsh flow a-arms, Walsh Savior swingarm, Laker Custom black plastic, Tag Railer Skidplate, Precision stabilizer, Tag bumper, FOX Float evol x shocks, Fox Podium x rears shock,

2007 Black LTR450
Rath Racing monster pegs w/ heelguards, CRP stabilizer, Yoshimura RS5 exhaust, Cherry bomb, Renthal RC high bars, ITP mxr6's on itp pro beadlocks, Tag Railer skidplate, back to stock shocks
Old 11-24-2006, 09:04 AM

View Jason's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:
Don't know if this is Synthetic, but i run Valvoline 10w40 4-stroke oil and it works great.
[/b]
That's a conventional oil, I run a similiar 4-stroke oil from Pennzoil.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:13 AM

View racing66atv's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via AIM to racing66atv Send a message via Yahoo to racing66atv
how about thumper 10w 50 says its good for wet clutches and high performance 4 stroke engines and its semi synthetic.

Old 11-24-2006, 12:06 PM

View kidsdad0101's Photo Gallery(0)
I wont run synthetics. Learned the hard way. Do as you think. Call some race shops. Ask them what they recommend. Then research online...best way to get good info.

Mod list is too extensive = $13,446.00

BIKE AND TRAILER FOR SALE http://www.ltr450hq.com/invision/forums/in...=12833&st=0
Old 11-24-2006, 02:58 PM

View Alba450's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote:
[/b]
Well Synthetics wont burn up yur clutch. My cousin runs Amsoil MCF 10W-40 100% Synthetic in his '06 YFZ 450 for about 3 monthsd now. And he says that his clutch works even better! And shifts smoother in the higher RPM's. Amsoil states that they are designed for wet clutch applications anyways. Im going to be switching to Amsoil 100% synthetic as soon I finish up my Maxima. Running conventional oil is fine too it wont help or hurt the motor. The down side is that it's $8.95 a QT. Bottom Line I notice that running "Amsoil Synthetics" isnt bad for your clutch.

Thanks to my 06'-07' sponsors

***KlipticMotorsports***
***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Amsoil Racing***
***ASV Inventions***
Old 11-24-2006, 03:05 PM
mastiff's rule

View tomltr450's Photo Gallery(0) Send a message via Yahoo to tomltr450
I run rotella T synthetic in my ltr and not one problem The ones you have to look out for is the ones that say energy conserving on the back of the container. Thats were you run into problems with the clutch slipping .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Tech Discussion > Engine/EFI/Drivetrain