Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Won't Idle, Up n Down When It Does

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  FoxMxRiders 
#1 ·
K.... New Rings, Packing, Valve Seals, Gaskets...... 0 rides on Fuel Filter, Injector...

Lightened up my Throttle Spring in the Throttle Body.... Will this change the TPS???

Cause now it will start only when I give it gas, then it will high idle for a bit, drop down so far that it then stalls... Ride it and it rides fine, pull in clutch and poof she dies. I can turn up the idle on the throttle cable and have it at around 2400 r's and after about 30 secs of idling it will drop down and stall. Head Gasket Sealed up good and Butterfly in throttle body is closing all the way.

Not havin real good luck with this!!!

#2 ·
Is the fi light on? If so put here in dealer mod and you should get a series of blinks on the light then use the service manual to see what the code is.

just hook a jumper to the the red wire where the cherry bomb plugs in and ground it and it will flash a code threw the light (fi). then count them like 3 fast blinks and 1 slow chart.

If you do not have a manuel let me know I will look at mine

#3 ·
Man bad thing is, I don't even have any lights... Bought it that way.... Thanks

#4 ·
Thats sucks. Try getting a hold of Mike at ATP he might be able to help ya out.

#5 ·
Any Possibility of this bein the TPS???

#8 ·
Another Question...... I have been searching a lot of other similar issues....

Was thinking it could also be timing off a link maybe..... Beyond the idling issue, it runs fine and rides fine.... No popping or nothin like that. That leads me to believe it is not a timing issue....

Would it run fine and just not idle if it was timing????

#9 ·
No I don't think that would run great if the cam was one link beside the mark.

If you can,try to put the lights on it to see what code the FI light say. Maybe you have a wrong map,the TPS sensor is out of adjustement.Try to readjust the TPS.

#10 ·
Theres the hard part finding a light!!!! LOL

#12 ·
Ya'll I think I got it..... Did a lot of stuff at once and it cleared it up... First things first is I believe it was the timing being off a tooth on the intake side.... I also adjusted the tps from .68 t0 .60... As soon as got it back together she fired up and idled like new!!!!!! Sad but true is that I got to the top end and just kinda took it for granted.... Slow the F down next time!!!

#13 ·
Good to hear it's working for ya now!!

#15 ·
Truth be known......... If not for this site I would probably have dumped this thing!!!!Now I can't wait to get it on a track!!!!! Thanks for all your help!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.