Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

Ltr Want Idle

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Tyler25 
#1 ·
I am posting this thread to see if any of you knowledgeable members out here can help me with my wheeler. I posted a thread sevel months ago about Oil in the airbox. since that time I have heard many negitive resonces to this subject from motor blown rings broken, taansmission wooess, etc., etc., Its about to flip me out. Any way I just put my exchanged yousurmia pipe on .My wheeler is runing great balls to the wall, It's only problem is that its hard to start ( work the throtle wich I know there should be none, or I can pull srart it. Once it starts it runs fine but when you stop your have to keeep reving it or it dies. once it dies you cannot start it with the starter, but it will re pull start. My question is I'm thinking about racing it this weekend at greenbrier TT race and if I do can I cause damage . Better yet can anyone tell my how to fix the problem or how to check,. and by the way I hav't experenced any oil in the air box as of late. It also is not blowing any smoke out the pipe (good sign?) Any help would be greatly appriciated. PLEASE!!! THANKS Jim Hardison Little Rock, Arkansas

#3 ·
[attachment=15172:heber_9_29_07.jpg]<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tyler25 @ Apr 3 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What do you mean the battery won't start it? It will crank but no start??

It almost sounds like you need to adjust the valves.[/b]
yes it will turn over but want fire up almost like a fuel problem , but I have not adjusted the valves. can of know how but not really afraid i'll screw up, :unsure: i want to thank you for the quick responce though. I've been racing for about 10 years and no how to work on 2 stroke had trx250r. but these 4 strokes give me a fit . I going out here now and change out the fuel filter. I thought maybe it might be messed up because I do run vp 12 gas. thanks JJ

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.