Suzuki LT-R450 Forum Header Left   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum Header Right
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Tech Discussion > Dyno/Tuning Room

Dyno/Tuning Room Post all your dyno and fuel injection tuning information here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

View 91trboed5.0's Photo Gallery(0)
AN ABSOLUTE BONE STOCK, MEANING UNTOUCHED MOTOR/SPROCKET/TIRES will go go between 70-75MPH. Only reasons why the quads MPH will alter will be climate/altitude and if its a manufacture rocket. This quad wont go anything over 75MPH stock. Pipes/Cherry Bombs/Tuners/Airboxes/Airfilters will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR MPH. Those mods only lower ETS, but will not increase MPH. Gearing will only alter the mph.

06 Suzuki LTR-450. Cherry-Bomb, Uni Filter, Lid/Sparky Out, Herrmann +.5 LT, Motowoz LT, Fox Podium-X, A/C Blackline Bumper & Propeg Nerfs, Fasst Flexx, ASV Shortys, Hipers w/ Maxxis Razr MX, Spastic Graphics

PaT #06

Custom NumberPlate Brackets $25.00
Sponsored Links
LTR450HQ.com is the premier Suzuki Sport Quad Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-21-2010, 08:15 PM

View cshort07's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote: Originally Posted by 91trboed5.0 View Post
AN ABSOLUTE BONE STOCK, MEANING UNTOUCHED MOTOR/SPROCKET/TIRES will go go between 70-75MPH. Only reasons why the quads MPH will alter will be climate/altitude and if its a manufacture rocket. This quad wont go anything over 75MPH stock. Pipes/Cherry Bombs/Tuners/Airboxes/Airfilters will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR MPH. Those mods only lower ETS, but will not increase MPH. Gearing will only alter the mph.
I must have a rocket then or maybe its because I'm in Louisiana
Old 11-22-2010, 06:59 AM

View 91trboed5.0's Photo Gallery(0)
"cshort07", I can't wait to hear your response. How fast does your ltr go?

06 Suzuki LTR-450. Cherry-Bomb, Uni Filter, Lid/Sparky Out, Herrmann +.5 LT, Motowoz LT, Fox Podium-X, A/C Blackline Bumper & Propeg Nerfs, Fasst Flexx, ASV Shortys, Hipers w/ Maxxis Razr MX, Spastic Graphics

PaT #06

Custom NumberPlate Brackets $25.00
Old 11-22-2010, 04:02 PM

I'm going to try putting video on YouTube tomorrow.I called the guy I bought it from today just to check if he did change sprockets or gearing and he said it was totally stock.Anybody who thinks I'm full of sh!! Is welcome to come to Clayton,La and test it.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:45 PM

View Ice racer AL's Photo Gallery(9) Send a message via AIM to Ice racer AL
around 122 max speed if you throw it out a airplane its called terminal velocity add 4 mph for cut fenders less drag therefor increasing the speed.

2006 ltr's
white & yellow

Last edited by Ice racer AL; 12-12-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 AM

View RDM06LTR's Photo Gallery(0)
i am not the one thats going to end the thread but my 2 cents. i have a 06 ltr, when it was stock off the showroom floor it couldn't beat my 03 z400 piped 71.8 the fastest thats ever gone, after i removed the sparky and cherry bomb it was a different bike, i have since change the front sprocket 14t and put on a full yoshi and pim, gps 81.7 is the fastest i seen. i live in south florida so no elevation issues.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:59 AM

View KiNGx James 450's Photo Gallery(0)
my 07 stock top speed was almost right at 85. after upgrades im running 77
Old 01-10-2011, 11:56 AM

Well mine is not running at all now! I was wide open and it just quit like I turned tha key off. Now I can push it in gear.it has no compression at all!! I need help what's tha problem???
Old 02-07-2011, 04:12 PM

View bens250ex's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote: Originally Posted by cshort07 View Post
Well mine is not running at all now! I was wide open and it just quit like I turned tha key off. Now I can push it in gear.it has no compression at all!! I need help what's tha problem???

are you joking?????

GPS on my basically stock bike it did 72 or 73 if i remember correct....
Old 02-26-2011, 10:42 PM

View happy go lucky's Photo Gallery(0)
Quote: Originally Posted by pcs View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewLTR View Post
maybe not yours. lol. it was an '06 tacoma with stock tires and no lift. speedo is correct.
no factory speedo is 100% correct. they usually read faster than what you are going.

Quote: Originally Posted by Baracudaaa View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by happy go lucky View Post
Stock motor, gearing, and tires running race gas 112 octane.
Why would you be running 112 race gas with a stock motor????????????????????????????
race gas on a stock motor doesnt make your quad faster, waste of money.

with 13t/37t sprockets 20" rear tire pegged 5th at 73mph on a gps unit on asphalt.
Octane rating does not relate to the energy content of the fuel. It is only a measure of the fuel's tendency to burn in a controlled manner. The higher octane ratings correlate to higher activation energies. Activation energy is the amount of energy necessary to start a chemical reaction or in laymenís terms cause fuel to explode. Since higher octane fuels have higher activation energies, it is less likely that a given compression will cause auto ignition also called detonation. Fuels with higher octane ratings are used in more powerful/higher compression engines because an uncontrolled ignition is not desired in a spark ignition engine. You use high octane fuel in high compression engines (around 12:1) to prevent detonation, unwanted ignition of the fuel, not to produce more power. A higher octane fuel does not add more hydrocarbon content or oxygen so the engine cannot produce more power, but if the engine is under high heat or load you increase the chances of detonation. You can produce more power per BTU of energy because the fuel is only going to ignite when it receives a spark from the spark plug also known at TIMING. Also with low octane pump gas you have ethanol blending, which has less power potential then conventional gasoline (anywhere from 12% to 25% less) and the use of 10% ethanol gasoline blend is mandated in most U.S. states and cities. So now that you understand what octane is and the benefits higher high octane/race fuel can play in a engine letís get back to your question. Why race fuel? Say you buy gas at a gas station. Most gas stations only have two tanks for their unleaded gas sales, one low octane and one high octane, (even those offering 3 or 4 octane levels). The different octane ratings are achieved by blending the two tanks before it comes out of the nozzle, area for error #1. Octane ratings are plus or minus 2%, almost 2 octane points, thatís the difference between mid grade (89) and high grade (91), area for error #2. Also in almost all states there are no state or federal agencies that regulate octane ratings at the pump, only gallons pumped, area for error #3. Octane ratings are only going to be checked at the gas refinery. So in a engine thatís at 11.7:1 compression and going of oem recommendations that you should only run 91 octane or higher ask yourself why would you risk the damaging effects of detonation, the potential for power loss, and having a ethanol blended fuel? You can if you want but Iím not going to. I live in a town where my options for fuel are very limited. Only one place sale race gas and they only sale 112 octane, and because of the elevation I live at I can only get 91 octane out of the pumps at the gas stations. I agree running 112 octane fuel is a waste, around 100 would be better but itís not available. And yes I could have blended the race fuel with pump gas but I didn't want to go to the gas station so I ran what I had. So your right and wrong, 112 octane is a waste but higher then recommended octane fuel on a stock engine will help the engine produce the most power possible under the right conditions such as a top speed test with the engine pegged out for a extended period of time, so yes race gas can make your quad faster.......

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com > LTR450 Tech Discussion > Dyno/Tuning Room