Suzuki LT-R450 Forum :: LTR450HQ.com banner

06 ltr 450 won't idle?

42K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  scooter_long 
#1 · (Edited)
Fixed the idling problem, now it just bogs and stalls when I give it gas? Turning down the idle didn't seem to help much, but I couldn't blip the throttle to get the idle in sync though so I'm not sure. Any help is appreciated

#2 ·
There is an idle adjust screw on the left hand (while you are sitting on it) side of the quad. Just turn it up a bit. Mine doesn't idle the best either, this helped though.

Tyler

Also the battery could be low, that might effect the idle....

#6 ·
i missed that part that it used to idle fine.... hmm... is there a chance the gas could be bad?

#9 ·
try cleaning your air filter and make sure the fuel valve is alll the way on

#10 ·
Fumes as in smoke??? I am not sure, but I think that could be from bad rings letting oil seep by, or by running too rich?????

#11 ·
Fumes as in exhaust gases. You can basicly just smell gas fumes in the air.

And I'm not sure how the fuel valve works, care to explain? I've messed with it to see how it turns on and off but didn't quite understand cause all it was was a rubber knob?

#12 ·
Never mind, I found out. But that doesn't seem to be the fix either, it only had like a quarter more of a turn to go. And when you say it might be running rich, why would that be since I haven't changed anything since it was running fine?

#14 ·
Injector, regulator, pump. Those are my guesses, in that order. Try swapping out those parts if you know someone with a working bike.

#15 ·
check the vacuum hose to the IAP sensor

#20 ·
see...if you just hook this up to the Suzuki Diagnostic system, you would be able to see if all your electronics are working, and compare your graph to a baseline graph of an LTR that is running correctly. if this didn't give you the exact answer right away, it sure would help you get pointed in the right direction.

kalgard must think he has a carburator

#21 ·
hey im having stalling problems with my ltr as well but it only stalls when i give it wide open throttle when its idling, it doesnt have any problems starting or idling and i just
installed a new battery, cleaned fuel filter and injector but i havent done anything to the fuel pump thou, could that be the problem?

#22 ·
Valves in spec?

#23 ·
FPR is dirty or maybe the TPS is out of adjustment.

#25 ·
Problem Idling and idles up

My 06 LTR with yoshi exhaust K&N filter and vortex fuel Management. It wont Idle I have turned the screw all the way in and backed it out also nothing happens, I have block off nut on the throttle body and it did the same thing before I installed the EFI interceptor. I am also running a cherry Bomb Called Duncan racing and they said that running those together would be fine. Just need it to idle it also idles up once in a while when it gets hot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.